Fireboat Confidence Returns to San Rafael 3/16/2017
After several months of work at KKMI Marine in Pt. Richmond, fireboat Confidence returns to San Rafael. Next stage is crew training prior to becoming fully operational.
3rd Annual Crab Feed & Silent Auction
The December 2017 Crab Feed & Silent Auction will be another outstanding event. Here are some of our past crab feed sponsors.
- Andy’s Local Markets – Pasta
- Bordenave’s Bakery – sourdough bread and rolls
- Sprout’s Market – Caesar Salad
- Safeway (B Street) – water and sodas
- Stornetta Dairy – milk and butter
- Weaver’s Coffe & Tea – hot coffee
- KFC – buckets
- Marin Brewing Company – kegs of beer
- Davis Signs – banners and posters
- Fourth Street Press – flyers
- to be announced – live music
- West End Nursery – flowers for dining tables
- …and many more who donated items for the silent auction.
May 20, 2015: San Rafael Fire Foundation Makes Grant to San Rafael Fire Department for Thermal Imaging Cameras
The San Rafael Fire Foundation delivered a grant of $2,847.48 to the San Rafael Fire Department to complete the purchase of six Flir 50 thermal imaging cameras (TIC). The SRFF grant, along with grants from other sources, completed the funding needed for this purchase. The grant was made possible through a generous grant from SRFF Board member, Jeff Craemer.
“Thermal Imaging Cameras serve as a vital life-saving tool for firefighters. The devices see through dense smoke to help firefighters locate and rescue people and through walls to locate hot spots. The cameras save time and lives,” said Fire Chief Christopher Gray. “Thanks to assistance from the San Rafael Fire Foundation, we are able to assign several new cameras to Engines throughout San Rafael where they will directly benefit our residents.”
San Rafael News Pointer Nov. 26, 2014: “Fire Crews Keep Watch Over City.”
- Downtown Wine Stroll, September 2014 and 2015
- Great Race Pancake Breakfast, June 2016
- Crab Feed Fundraisers, December 2015 and 2016