“Money, more or less, is always welcome…” B. Franklin, 1748
Make a donation by clicking the Donate button on any page of this website or by mailing a check payable to San Rafael Fire Foundation to:
San Rafael Fire Foundation
369B Third Street, #257
San Rafael, CA 94901
Other Ways To Donate:
- Amazon Smile – Click the “Go to smile.amazon.com” link in the sidebar to register your Amazon account. Amazon will donate 0.05% of your eligible purchases to San Rafael Fire Foundation.
- Marketable Securities – Avoid long-term capital gains while gaining charitable giving tax deduction. Simply ask you broker to transfer the shares to the San Rafael Fire Foundation using the following identifying information:
- C/O Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- DTC Number: 0015
- Account Name: San Rafael Fire Foundation (tax ID: 47-1329726)
- Account Number: 172-038812-0-004
The San Rafael Fire Foundation operates exclusively from donations. Your tax deductible donation enables the Foundation to enhance the preparedness of our fire fighters and paramedics to continue delivering public safety services at the highest possible level. The annual San Rafael City budget is frequently unable to deliver all of the technology, equipment and training requested by the Fire Department. Our mission begins where the City budget stops.
The men and women of San Rafael Fire Department are First Responders to all fire, rescue and medical emergency calls including:
Responsibility for water rescue along more than 20 miles of Bay shoreline, including city, county, and state waterfront.
Over 7,500 emergency calls each year – nearly one call per hour 24×365 – 70% of all emergency calls are medical.
Land rescue over 4,000 acres of urban/wildland intermix area.
Hazardous materials emergencies.
Mutual aid to communities throughout Marin County.
Citizen disaster response training.
2,300 fire safety inspections each year.
Additional equipment, as well as replacement of worn or obsolete equipment, will enhance emergency response times and firefighter safety. Following are examples of needs that we would like to fill with donations:
Technical Rescue Equipment: Vehicle entrapment rescue equipment, rope and rescue gear.
Firefighter Safety Clothing and Equipment: Turnout gear, wildland helmets and thermal imaging cameras.
Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Equipment: EMS equipped E-bikes, defibrulators and related gear.
Training props: Used in firefighter training for fire suppression, search and rescue, medical response, and firefighter safety.